Webit.Festival Europe is part of the EU Digital and Innovation Week - the digital and tech flagship event of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of EU under the theme "re:Inventing Europe's Future".
Watch the Webit.Festival Europe 2018 teaser:
It welcomes over 7000 attendees from 100+ countries including 1500 top policy makers from Europe and beyond (heads of states, EU commissioners, ministers, mayors, MEPs), 6000+ of world's enterprise leaders, global and European founders and entrepreneurs, investors, media, innovators, scientists and digital economy shapers and a top selection of Europe's 200 most promising start-ups.
Webit.Festival Europe 2018 is organized by Webit.Foundation under the patronage of the Prime Minister of Bulgaria, European Union Commissioner Digital Agenda and Society and the Mayor of Sofia, and with the support by the Ministry of the Presidency of the Council of EU, Ministry of Transport, Communications and IT.
Webit.Festival Europe hosts over 15 parallel events.
The Webit Plenary Session is Chaired by EU Commissioner Mariya Gabriel, the Plenary Session welcomes world's top global business, academia, digital and innovation leaders.
The plenary session is organized around six major building blocks:
- The big picture: what vision for a human-centred digital Europe in 2030-2050?
- Building a democratic digital society: What place for values and culture in the Digital Age?
- Investing in people: what priorities for digital skills and education?
- Building the Gigabit society: what priorities for Infrastructure 4.0?
- Protecting people and business: how to meet domestic and external challenges on Cybersecurity?
- Empowering Women in Business and Politics: how digital can help to break the glass ceiling?